HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S1rst

Harder compound rear tyre......

11 posts in this topic

Ok, it seems my original dunlop rear tyre on my 08 WR450 only wants to last a couple of hundred miles, so i want to go for a harder compound rear or it'll cost me a fortune in rubber!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for please? It really needs to be fully road legal for peace of mind.

Thanks, Rich. :worthy:

Ok, it seems my original dunlop rear tyre on my 08 WR450 only wants to last a couple of hundred miles, so i want to go for a harder compound rear or it'll cost me a fortune in rubber!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for please? It really needs to be fully road legal for peace of mind.

Thanks, Rich. :worthy:

Maxxis IT will last a lot longer then the dunlop.

Maxxis IT will last a lot longer then the dunlop.

Maxxis has great wear but doesn't lean well on pavement due to it's square shape. No DOT. Try a 606. They are popular for a reason.

I think that the bridgstone 404 is the most durable tire I've ridden on. I've got it on my bike now and I think I will get sick of looking at it before it wears out.

But since its so hard, run it at a little lower pressure for more traction. I run mine at 12-13lbs (but I'm not really that fast)

Mitas Stone King is a great hard compound long lasting tyre. I get 1500km out of them on hard rocky terrain :worthy:

C-02-large-03.jpg

Mitas is crap, hard rubber but no grip and puncture VERY easily. Go for a maxxis , last nearly as long but much better quality.

metzeler uni cross is what i ordered for the same bike,looks good to me plus the front and rear are ten mm wider than stock so a little more contact,choose your poison wisely.