Harder compound rear tyre......

Ok, it seems my original dunlop rear tyre on my 08 WR450 only wants to last a couple of hundred miles, so i want to go for a harder compound rear or it'll cost me a fortune in rubber!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for please? It really needs to be fully road legal for peace of mind.

Thanks, Rich. :worthy:

Ok, it seems my original dunlop rear tyre on my 08 WR450 only wants to last a couple of hundred miles, so i want to go for a harder compound rear or it'll cost me a fortune in rubber!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for please? It really needs to be fully road legal for peace of mind.

Thanks, Rich. :worthy:

Maxxis IT will last a lot longer then the dunlop.

Kenda Parker D/T

Maxxis IT will last a lot longer then the dunlop.

Maxxis has great wear but doesn't lean well on pavement due to it's square shape. No DOT. Try a 606. They are popular for a reason.

I think that the bridgstone 404 is the most durable tire I've ridden on. I've got it on my bike now and I think I will get sick of looking at it before it wears out.

But since its so hard, run it at a little lower pressure for more traction. I run mine at 12-13lbs (but I'm not really that fast)

I've got a set of Pirelli DOT tires that will likely go about 2k miles of mostly street.

Mitas Stone King is a great hard compound long lasting tyre. I get 1500km out of them on hard rocky terrain :worthy:

C-02-large-03.jpg

Mitas is crap, hard rubber but no grip and puncture VERY easily. Go for a maxxis, last nearly as long but much better quality.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Plenty to look into there. Cheers. :worthy:

metzeler uni cross is what i ordered for the same bike,looks good to me plus the front and rear are ten mm wider than stock so a little more contact,choose your poison wisely.

Ill have a look at those too mate, thanks. So will a 140/80/18 be ok as the original dunlop is 130/90/18?

Cheers. :worthy: