HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxpanda

2006 YZ450 Head Pipe Needs Replaced, Need HELP!

8 posts in this topic

My head pipe is cracked and I need to get a new one ASAP. Wanted to know what different years would fit my bike. Any help is greatly appreciated.

header1.jpeg

header2.jpeg

'06 is the only one that's completely identical. '07 can be made to fit (outlet diameter is different), but the performance may be changed. Likewise an '08/9.

I have come across an 08 head pipe advertised as being able to fit on an 06. Is this completely untrue?

I believe the '08 will fit, depending on the muffler/mid pipe you have. Check the outlet diameter of yours against an '08 at the dealer.

03-06 will all fit with the stock 06 silencer. 07-09 have a larger diameter at the midpipe joint, but will work with an 07-09 silencer.

Also, if you want more options, the header for an 03-07 WR450F, or any YFZ450 (quad) header up to 08 will also fit. The quad had the same header as the 03-06 YZ450F, however it was stainless steel instead of titanium (if you like the stock header but want stainless)

Buy a stainless steel one from FMF. Should cost about $100 bucks and can't dent them easily.

While I agree that the FMF stainless steel powerbomb header is an improvement over stock in both performance and durability, they cost closer to $200. If you want to save money and don't mind stock, you can find stock ones on ebay all day long for very little money.