I crawled on a 09 KX450.....

I am bummed. I pushed down on the bars a few times and those forks feel something like a $2000+ set of ZPS atv shocks. I had a set on my Banshee and ridden on a few others and WHY can't they put those forks on the WR's? And a better question - WHY did they just now start putting them on bikes? Good suspension makes a quad feel 50lbs lighter. I can only imagine what a new WR with YZ or the new CR and KX suspension would be like to ride. I'm going to say that the WR is going to have to go in the Spring. The e-start in nice, the wide gears are also nice, the plug-along power is wonderfull. That doesn't out-way the in-ability to turn and the overall riding expirience when you start hitting the wild stuff. I really think that the WR's would out-sell every bike made, especially the KTMs, if it had good suspension and was 15 lbs lighter.

The husky 4 strokes are nice, but when it comes to reliability they sure aren't Yamahas. My 07 wr450 has thousands of hard miles on it already, and has needed nothing but basic maintenance. My friends 06 Te510 blew up after a little over 700 miles. Husky 2 strokes are as indestructible as Yamahas but the 4 strokes, while nice to ride, just aren't there yet.

The husky 4 strokes are nice, but when it comes to reliability they sure aren't Yamahas. My 07 wr450 has thousands of hard miles on it already, and has needed nothing but basic maintenance. My friends 06 Te510 blew up after a little over 700 miles. Husky 2 strokes are as indestructible as Yamahas but the 4 strokes, while nice to ride, just aren't there yet.

I'm dreaming of a Yammi 250f-Fi with Easy start:busted:

I am with Booger... I want a REAL WR450F with a plate... suspension I could make work in any form but YZ forks would be the next best thing...

I have looked and sat on the Kawi and while the forks may be better... nothing else in ergo's or fit and finish impress me.

I also agree on the Husky.. probably the best affordable dual sports out there, I would get before I got one of those orange POS's but the reliability or longevity of the top end / head on the motors just is not even close to the Yamaha's..

I liked the way it fit me. The 08 Kawi and Honda both fit me better than the Suzuki and Yamaha. I thought they felt similar to my 05 WR. I like it when it feels like I'm reaching up for the bars instead of feeling like they are in my lap. I'm looking forward to seeing an 09 Honda too. They had a 250 but not a 450.

I ride occasionally with a guy on an '08 Husky TE510 and he reckons it's a heap of s...t.

He's had nothing but trouble from it.

Mind you, when it goes it really GOES! (Heaps of power everywhere) but it is stopped all too often.

I'll be sticking with my Yamaha. It may not be the ultimate enduro racer, but then again neither am I.

Greg

If you liked them now, wait til the 09 kx450 forks have about 20 hours of good riding on them. They are transformed like no other; same way with the 08 kx450.

Having said that, I am able to go faster at the end of the day on an 08 WR450F than that fire-breathing Kawi...in the tight stuff found in rocky, rutty, rooty mountain riding. The 09 hits waaaay too hard down low, and right now no one I know has the mapping program to soften the amount of fuel shot into the EFI. Obviously the KX is not built for that, but I was "forced" to ride an 09 out of the crud the other weekend and it was like trying to navigate a turbo-charged R1 with a lurchy clutch through downtown Manhattan traffic.

But I get your point. Less weight on the WR, nay (that's my fancy word for the day), any bike would transform the handling considerably.

They just need to put a plate on the wr450f and wr250f and they will sell a million of them. Why else would anyone choose a husky over a yamaha?

Well... where I live and race there are plenty of people that would ask exactly the opposite.. "why would anyone choose a Yamaha over a Husky" and these are fast dudes but at the same time I have 2 full 14 round race seasons on my WR and I would race it tomorrow in confidence with no more prep than dumping fuel in it:thumbsup: I have seen way too many Husky's with major top end work 1/2 way thru the season..

Most the guys I know that have the Husky's for just trail riding and dual sporting are very happy and don't seem to the have the issues the guys that race them have:excuseme:

I actually like the TXC and TE's, they are cool looking bikes and the FI on the off road bike seems to work well but broken motors break my heart:thumbsdn:

Don't forget about the absurd vibration the Husky 4 strokes make. My bro has a TE510 and it makes my poopie hole puker just sitting on it at idle. I rode it with SM rims this summer and the vibes were so bad at speed that I couldn't wait to give it back.

skankdeals.jpg

• 3 months later...
If you liked them now, wait til the 09 kx450 forks have about 20 hours of good riding on them. They are transformed like no other; same way with the 08 kx450.

Can't agree more i have an 09 KX450 and have to say that this fork/shock set-up (after some work on the clickers) are the best working package i have ever seen! the engine's power is something else, me being a 75kg rider i find it a bit hard to grab traction on alot of hillclimbs, i'm thinking of getting a re-map for the ignition, people were saying that you need an engine-dyno, but i don't see why if they are preset maps?

BTW! i seen a bloke on a WR450 09 today, he had swopped his fork, shock and SWINGARM for his sons YZ250f ones, he reckons it transformed the bike's handling totally! And i had to agree with him, i couldn't shake him!