Ran with No Headpipe

So my pipe fell off about a lap into moto 1 this weekend, I went from 1st to 3rd (who knew back pressure does that much of a difference) i could def. tell that my power was down. Anyways, im just wondering if I would have done any damage in 4 laps without a header. (Dad shoved a rag in it right after my moto to make sure no cold air hit those valves) I ran moto 2 and the bike ran perfect. Just wondering

Chad Reed ran a full moto like that at Millville 2 years ago. Didn't finish too high. Unless you sucked dirt/water in should be OK.

no, im pretty sure everything stayed out. i was on the gas most the time, makin up for the power loss, so im pretty sure shit just blew out if it got around it.

u should be fine as long as no dirt or water got in

you might want to pull your valve cover off or your head off just to see if anything got sucked in.. just incase

The exhaust port doesn't lead to inside the valve cover.

You should be fine..you were on the gas the whole time..unless you were running in water or sumthing

I wouldnt be as worried about sucking something as i would be about burning the exhaust valves up. If it's running fine,run it. Only time will tell.

I'd be more worried about your hearing loss...

I wouldnt be as worried about sucking something as i would be about burning the exhaust valves up. If it's running fine,run it. Only time will tell.

My thoughts exactly.

Why not just shut it down? Why risk damaging your bike?

I'd be more worried about your hearing loss...

for sure. i think the spectators had more issues with hearing loss than i did.

My thoughts exactly.

Why not just shut it down? Why risk damaging your bike?

and maurice: ego, its a dangerous thing

oh...and the money