HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRJIZA

My 03' Wr450 Whines And Slaps When Shut Off.why?

5 posts in this topic

I Have A 2003 Wr450, And It Had Been Running Great Until A Buddy Changed The Oil. Im Not Sure If He Overfilled Or Underfilled It, Though I Have Since Put The Right Amount Of Oil In. But Now My Bike Whines When I Ride It Almost Like A Low Pitch Whistle, And When I Shut It Off It Sound Like A Valve Or Piston Slap. I Thought It Might Be Eiter The Timing Chain Being Too Tight Or It Might Need A Valve Adjustment. Any Suggestions?

I Have A 2003 Wr450, And It Had Been Running Great Until A Buddy Changed The Oil. Im Not Sure If He Overfilled Or Underfilled It, Though I Have Since Put The Right Amount Of Oil In. But Now My Bike Whines When I Ride It Almost Like A Low Pitch Whistle, And When I Shut It Off It Sound Like A Valve Or Piston Slap. I Thought It Might Be Eiter The Timing Chain Being Too Tight Or It Might Need A Valve Adjustment. Any Suggestions?

I have a 2003 WR450F and I have the Electric Starter Motor broken.

Sometime, when I kickstart and the engine doesn't start or when I switch off the engine it sounds like a piston slap.

I took it to the mechanic, check the valves and other staff, but it seems that this sound is caused by the Electric Starter Motor.

Does yours work fine? If not, that could be the cause. As you might know the 2003 model is faulty, most of the user upgrade it with the 2004 version

thank you, that might be it. What type of oils does the bike take.

i use yama lube 20-50 because it gets pretty hot here in NM 10-40 if the temps were lower.