HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cablemonkey334

what clamps to put on my 08

28 posts in this topic

I would like some input on what some of you guys are running for tipple clamps? I lookin to try to make turn better . what are some of the different offsets ?

I would like some input on what some of you guys are running for tipple clamps? I lookin to try to make turn better . what are some of the different offsets ?

Changing the offset will not make the bike handle any better. It will simply change the WAY the bike handles. If a offset change was the answer to Yamaha 's handling woes...don't you think it would of been fixed at the factory?

Leave the offset stock if you race MX.

Start by taking your sag up to 95-97, and pull the forks up 5mm in the clamps.

I don't know what bars you are running, but here's what I recommend: change to Windhams. They sit you up and forward more, and yes, you will likely need a couple of rides to adjust, but it won't take long to adapt to the way the bike turns with them.

Read this:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6529011#post6529011

i threw a set of procircuits 22.5mm offsets and it made a drastic improvement. i loved the handling before hand and only bought these to try them out(since i got a great deal) but after riding for a few months their staying on..

Applied 24mm clamps. These were developed with Doug Dubach. I think he knows a thing or two about Yamahas. 1/2 lb lighter than stock & the only company that gives you a 100% warranty that includes crash damage. I have them on my 08 YZ450 & they work!

Soooo...what you guys are saying, 22mm through 24mm ALL improve the handling!?! HAHAHA You guys are funny. I bet honestly most of you have no idea what a good handling bike feels like. Just because the new shinny clamps CHANGED the handling of the bike. Doesn't mean it now handles BETTER.

Seriously this forum is always a place to get a good laugh :lol:

im not saying it fixed or made my bike the best handling bike out their. im saying that for my riding style the 22.5 mm pro-circuit clamps im using fit me best.

the clamps allowed me to cut a tighter line and to get the rear end around faster. but thats me.. the stock offset clamps worked great for me, but these just helped it the lil areas that i was failing at.

Soooo...what you guys are saying, 22mm through 24mm ALL improve the handling!?! HAHAHA You guys are funny. I bet honestly most of you have no idea what a good handling bike feels like. Just because the new shinny clamps CHANGED the handling of the bike. Doesn't mean it now handles BETTER.

Seriously this forum is always a place to get a good laugh :lol:

Im coming off of a 2006 and I tried the stock offset and didnt find any luck. Im with slinkyman on this one:prof:

hey gray , I have the bar clamps turned forward an have Windham bars also an the forks are slid up in the tubes to the ring that goes around the top it looks like its about 5 mm from the top. The bike just dose nt settle into tight turns or let me change line with with confidence.

lil tip on triple clamps and fork setting.

If your looking for that tight and front end bit in turns you can move the forks up higher in the triple clamp.

Usually the rule of thumb is move them as high up as u can until u get head shake then lower them a little.

Yeah, I like the look of the shiny new clamps and 1mm offset change is not much but it does bite a little better, still pushes more than my 09 honda. I would be interested to see how 22mm clamps acted, even 17mm clamps, I hear chad reed loves the 17mm offset.

Yeah, I like the look of the shiny new clamps and 1mm offset change is not much but it does bite a little better, still pushes more than my 09 honda. I would be interested to see how 22mm clamps acted, even 17mm clamps, I hear chad reed loves the 17mm offset.

I have a 08 yz and after riding my friends 09 cr 450 i cant wait to sell this one and get a honda it handles that much better imo