HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barbuster400

07-08 engine cases interchangable?

7 posts in this topic

Are the 07 and 08 engine cases the same? can they be interchanged? I need cases for a 07 yz450 if anyone can help me out it would be a big help. Thanks

I know they have differant part #'s between a 07 and 08 yz450f but I'm fairly sure the only differance is the 08 case is black

2s2-15100-00 is the main case # for a 07

2s2-15100-20 is the main case # for a 08

If all you want is black why not just have your's powdercoated? what's wrong with your cases?

I was just wondering why you would not just buy 07 ones .

they must be broken bad , I'm guess they will cost well over 450 bucks to replace the them . are you sure they can not be repaired?

yeah, no repairing. broke wide open. I have found a set of 08 cases for a very good price, that is why i wondered if they would fit.

that's cool to find a great deal. But why did you post this question in the wr forum not the yz one ? I'm sure someone other there would have had your answer.