Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clamp007

Good Yamaha mechanics in Los Angeles

11 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a good mechanic to work on my WR here in LA. I live on the westside, Santa Monica & would prefer a local guy who perhaps works privately. I'd just like to avoid the dealer. Thanks.

Well I'm looking to firstly just change my front sprocket, but also looking to have someone install a rekluse clutch.

dont take this the wrong way but if you can turn a wrench and read a manual you can do both of those.

the front sprocket is supper easy 30 min job for a first timer plus a beer or two

dont take this the wrong way but if you can turn a wrench and read a manual you can do both of those.

the front sprocket is supper easy 30 min job for a first timer plus a beer or two

agreed. you can do it your self in 30 min. just take your time and you will be all set.

I agree with the above. Both easy with a manual, I dont know about the beer.

But I can understand if you dont have the time, its easier to have someone else do.

I go to motoXwear in burbank. They are reasonable and really like dirtbikes. Its as far from a dealer as you can get.

please try to do it yourself, please if not I am in studio city laurel canyon area during the week and would be more than happy to show you how

Thanks you so much for the offer. I will try myself, but what tools am I going to need? I don't have torque wrenches or the special gages I think it requires?

Also not sure if I should go z-start or z-start Pro?

Get the "Pro". You will want to retain use of your clutch lever.

I gave you the name of a guy who would install it for free if you bought it from him. Why not let him install it. It will take him no time.

A torque wrench, a basket holder and a 30mm socket (along with other standard tools) will cost over $100 dollars.

also, I live in LA near La Brea and Venice. I will also offer to help.

Thanks Maurice for the offer. Got the sprocket done myself. Gonna hold on Rekluse , as just went on a big ride yesterday & feel I really need to keep the bike with engine braking. I hear you lose this with the Rekluse.