Good Yamaha mechanics in Los Angeles

I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a good mechanic to work on my WR here in LA. I live on the westside, Santa Monica & would prefer a local guy who perhaps works privately. I'd just like to avoid the dealer. Thanks.

What do you need done? I'm up in Ventura, but I could work on it for you.

Well I'm looking to firstly just change my front sprocket, but also looking to have someone install a rekluse clutch.

Well I'm looking to firstly just change my front sprocket, but also looking to have someone install a rekluse clutch.

dont take this the wrong way but if you can turn a wrench and read a manual you can do both of those.

the front sprocket is supper easy 30 min job for a first timer plus a beer or two

dont take this the wrong way but if you can turn a wrench and read a manual you can do both of those.

the front sprocket is supper easy 30 min job for a first timer plus a beer or two

agreed. you can do it your self in 30 min. just take your time and you will be all set.

I agree with the above. Both easy with a manual, I dont know about the beer.

But I can understand if you dont have the time, its easier to have someone else do.

I go to motoXwear in burbank. They are reasonable and really like dirtbikes. Its as far from a dealer as you can get.

please try to do it yourself, please if not I am in studio city laurel canyon area during the week and would be more than happy to show you how

Thanks you so much for the offer. I will try myself, but what tools am I going to need? I don't have torque wrenches or the special gages I think it requires?

Also not sure if I should go z-start or z-start Pro?

Get the "Pro". You will want to retain use of your clutch lever.

I gave you the name of a guy who would install it for free if you bought it from him. Why not let him install it. It will take him no time.

A torque wrench, a basket holder and a 30mm socket (along with other standard tools) will cost over $100 dollars.

also, I live in LA near La Brea and Venice. I will also offer to help.

Thanks Maurice for the offer. Got the sprocket done myself. Gonna hold on Rekluse, as just went on a big ride yesterday & feel I really need to keep the bike with engine braking. I hear you lose this with the Rekluse.