Carb bowl screws

I took the bowl off the carb and in the process mangled the heads on the phillips head screws. Seems everyone has this problem that I talked to.

Anyone know if there are replacements that would do a better job.

buff

just take your mangled screw to the local hadrware store or motor cycle shop and match the thread size and leangth with allen head screws.they take alot more abuse than a phillip head screw.

The allen head screws you find on the top of the carb are a perfect replacement for those brass like screws. So I ordered 4 of those allen head screws from my dealer. I only got 3 so I notched the remaining phillips type screw with a hacksaw so at least I can get it on and off with a slotted screw driver.

just take your mangled screw to the local hadrware store or motor cycle shop and match the thread size and leangth with allen head screws.they take alot more abuse than a phillip head screw.

This is the best way to fix the problem....however yamaha finally figured it out with their 07+ bikes as they already come with allen bolts:banana:

I always replace the phillips with allen button tops. On everything. If I unscrew it with a Philips I replace it. ALWAYS!

Hey drtbk,

Are those the allens that hold the top cover on that gives access to the needle?

Thanks for the info,

buff

Hey drtbk,

Are those the allens that hold the top cover on that gives access to the needle?

Thanks for the info,

buff

those would be the ones!

those would be the ones!

Yep, those are the ones. I couldn't find any at the hardware store nor the bolt supply warehouse. That is why I had to order them from Yamaha.

Yep, those are the ones. I couldn't find any at the hardware store nor the bolt supply warehouse. That is why I had to order them from Yamaha.

i think my dad found them at home depot but none the less ordering the oem ones are still cheap and well worth it:ride: