What tires for Glenn Hellen

I have a Dunlop 756 on the rear and a Dunlop 755 on the front.

Should i use something else.

Bridgestone 404a rear 403 front.

i run the narrower 120/90/19 in the rear and the wider one 90/100/21 in the front.

soft soft sand...

OK

I was hoping for Michelin Or Maxis.

Never been a fan of brigestone but looks like i may give them a try.

Thankyou

Might try a D755 front and a 952 rear. Definitely sandy, DG soil.

a guy who works for Tucker Rockey turned me onto them.

they are $$$ but i have gone through 2 sets in a year and have been happy with their results.

i run 12 PSI in both the front and rear.

I have a Dunlop 756 on the rear and a Dunlop 755 on the front.

Should i use something else.

Hmmm...48 yr old guy from Colorado asking about tires for Glen Helen...sounds like yer coming out for the World Vet Nationals!

Since you won't be in my class, I can say if you are a Dunlop guy go with 756s front & rear. Race Replicas if ya wanna go large.

I've been running a set of the Bridgestone 403-404s and have been very impressed with the traction and especially the wear. Between the two, I'd go with which ever sets you can the best deal on.

I'm racing 50 Int. class. I'll be on one of Dubach's old 08 YZ450Fs, #15. Come on by and we'll have a cold one or two.:lol:

U guys are so lucky i ve been only dreaming about riding at glen helen..thats the coolest track in the world...here tracks are pathetic :lol:

glen helen (is) the coolest track in the world...
Oh, I don't think so. It is pretty good, though.

I would run Dunlep 756 rr's like ^ said. I read in one of the magazines that that's where they got the best results. I run the 756RR everywhere:ride:

Do they wear any better than they used to?

yes the im on my second set of rrs and they have been lasting me a good 15 moto/track days before i swap mine out.. also have a few desert trips on this set and they still have plenty of meat left..

Do they wear any better than they used to?

I have the rr's right now and they actually wear pretty well. I had 9 races on them until the rear tire kinda crapped out...all the tred/knob on the left side of the tire ripped off. IDK what happened or if that was me but I found that kinda strange. I ride mostly sandy/loamy/muddy/soft-type terrain and the rr's are heaven like IMO :p:lol:

I have the rr's right now and they actually wear pretty well. I had 9 races on them until the rear tire kinda crapped out...all the tred/knob on the left side of the tire ripped off. IDK what happened or if that was me but I found that kinda strange. I ride mostly sandy/loamy/muddy/soft-type terrain and the rr's are heaven like IMO :p:lol:

i used a RR in the front on my 250f.

i described it to friends as having daggers gripping the soil.

they worked amazing at soft tracks. but rocky situations proved to be scary.

Yes i am going to the World Vet Nationals!

There is 8 of us so far going.

But i am sure there will be more.

I now have a 952 and will pick up some of the others you told me about Tuesday before i leave.

Thanks from Greg

Dunlop 756RR front, 952 rear...

Well on Sunday i ran the Bridgestone tire's.

Came in second in the 45+ novice class.

They did not let me race the 2nd moto because i was too fast.

I have worked for almost 3 years to get to the point where i could win but i guess rule's are rule's.

So i think tire's worked very good.

Well on Sunday i ran the Bridgestone tire's.

Came in second in the 45+ novice class.

They did not let me race the 2nd moto because i was too fast.

I have worked for almost 3 years to get to the point where i could win but i guess rule's are rule's.

So i think tire's worked very good.

Glad to hear the Bridgestones worked well for you. Same here. What a great weekend/experience!

This photo is from Guy B from his website & coverage of the race on www.vitalmx.com

It's the 2nd moto start from Sundays 50 Int race. I'm #15 & just stoked to be in the pic!

Was 6th overall on Sat & had "issues" Sun & could only manage a 10th overall. Still was a total blast & can't wait to do it again.

628951158_1225731392.jpg

Thats a sweet pic. Congrats on getting your nub in it

Nice photo

I saved it. thanks

WOW Thanks for the Video link.

My friend was in that and came in like 8th or 9th Ryan from Colorado.