HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CheYuen

Swing arm removal

8 posts in this topic

I went to remove my swing arm on my '05 WR and couldn't get the nut on the right side of the swing arm to budge one bit! I was using a long breaker bar and quite a bit of force. I stopped because I didn't want to break something off inside the hole in the swing arm. Are the threads reversed? Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to muscle it more? :lol:

impact gun does wonders cracking rusted parts apart.

once you reassemble - put anti seize on the parts.

I got it off! Thanks for all of your input. I don't have an impact wrench and couldn't find the penetrating oil, so I got a longer breaker bar and yanked the crap out of it. I impacted it myself . . . almost impacting my face on the garage floor . . . but in the end I won and the nut lost.

Thanks again guys

just remember to put anti sieze or at least grease on the threads and torque the nuts to the proper value, obviously some one never done this the last time it was off, if it's never been off you can gaurantie that the factory never put anti sieze on the threads, they never do.