How to lower the foot pegs w/o removing the kick stand?

Hello all,

does anyone knows the way to lower the foot pegs on 08' WR450 but without removing the kick stand from the bike?

Fastway low boy kit seems to be great, but it eliminates the kick stand, and I need it often so I don't want to remove it.

Are there any other kits for that bike?

Maybe there's a way to modify the stock pegs to put them lower? Any pics?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Showkemp

the only difference between the fastway YZ brakets and the stock brakets is that the lower bolt hole gets counter sunk and allows a flat head screw to be used. so what you would do is remove your brakets and have a machine shop bore the counter sink for you.

and if you buy the footpegs from fastaway, they'll give you the 2 flathead screws if you ask for them.

the real trick is getting the brakets off the bike. the bolts have some strong loctite on them.

in my case I have all the parts and the correct counter sink bit, but I have not been able to get the bolts out of the frame.

the real trick is getting the brakets off the bike. the bolts have some strong loctite on them.

in my case I have all the parts and the correct counter sink bit, but I have not been able to get the bolts out of the frame.

impact gun :lol:

I removed mine to put on a YZ peg mount to remove some more kickstand weight

impact gun :lol:

I removed mine to put on a YZ peg mount to remove some more kickstand weight

yeah yeah.... :p I just can't get over the feeling that my torq bit is going to snap if I do that.

Thanks guys. I'll try to modify the stock mountings.

Can anyone post me a close picture of Fastway LowBoy kit bracket's? I'd like to compare them to the stock ones to know what exactly should be done in machine shop...

counter sink the lower hole so you can use a flat head screw. the screw they provided me was a 90 degree chamfer. but I would recomend getting the screws first so you can give the screw and the braket to the machine shop. and say make this fit. the danger is that if they bore to deep, the screw will bottom out before the braket is tight. but you can under cut the screw to make it work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersink

O.K. that's easy. :lol: Thanks Demo Slug!