Lighter Clutch Pull

Just wondering what can be done to obtain a lighter clutch? I'm not a whip but do ride technical trails that require a fair amount of clutch work, and over a 5hr single track ride my forearm is about to explode. It's not a matter of gearing as that is spot on. I know hydraulic would be an easier pull but wondering if there might be other / less expensive options. Riding a 08 WR450.

A hydraulic clutch would not necessarily mean easier pull. A friend of mine put a Magura kit on his '06 and didn't like it. He took it off and sold it.

I know the clutch pull on my '08 YZ450 is easier than my buddy's '07 KTM 400.

Maybe give your cable a good shot of Tri-Flow?

Maybe an aftermarket clutch perch/lever would help?

How about lengthening the actuator arm (that the cable hooks into down on the motor) by a little bit?

I put a new pivot assist lever on mine and it did make a BIG difference.

I've attached the link below. Bought mine from Ballards in Australia but you'll be able to find them somewhere near you for sure.

The beauty is you only need to buy the lever, not the perch....and it really does work.

http://www.ballards.cc/Text/1202886913324-4248/pC/1202869851119-8610/CATALOGUE-2008

I know you said you wanted a non expensive option but i'd say you will not find a lighter clutch pull than what you end up with, when a Rekluse z-Start Auto Clutch is fitted with the optional perch adjuster.

I've had it now for 4 years, 1 of them on a YZ450 and now three years on my current WR450. All with the same rekluse clutch.

I wouldn't ever go back to a standard clutch as i can ride all day with no tired left arm compared to my buddies.

I've attached the link below. Bought mine from Ballards in Australia but you'll be able to find them somewhere near you for sure.

The beauty is you only need to buy the lever, not the perch....and it really does work.

http://www.ballards.cc/Text/1202886913324-4248/pC/1202869851119-8610/CATALOGUE-2008

Is this the lever you are talking about? So I can buy just the lever and it will fit WR's?

levers.jpg

I know you said you wanted a non expensive option but i'd say you will not find a lighter clutch pull than what you end up with, when a Rekluse z-Start Auto Clutch is fitted with the optional perch adjuster.

I've had it now for 4 years, 1 of them on a YZ450 and now three years on my current WR450. All with the same rekluse clutch.

I wouldn't ever go back to a standard clutch as i can ride all day with no tired left arm compared to my buddies.

I ditto this. If you are tired of clutch pull, why just reduce it, ..... eliminate it with a Rekluse. ?

anyone seen such a lever on any north american sites?

What gearing are you running ? When I had the opened up WR exhaust I used 12/50 and now with a YZ exhaust use 13/52 ( there's more low end with the YZ exhaust )

Like you I like to ride lot's of really tight single track.

This gearing has eliminated the clutch for all but the gnarliest spots. We're talking not even using it half as much.