HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluebreadtruck

oil change for a road bike?

7 posts in this topic

I change the oil on my 07 every 600-800 and the filter every third time. I think your bike holds more oil then mine so to could go a bit longer.

At the minute im riding my wr400 100% on the road,someones gonna say no way im sure but i think im gonna change the oil every 1000 miles.

Havent had it long so ive changed the oil when i bought it and only done a few hundred miles yet

wow, I change mine every 5 tanks of gas since i don't have a speedo. Filter gets changed out every second time. I ride 90% street and still have problems keeping the oil clean for longer than that. I guess in a little paranoid though!

wow, I change mine every 5 tanks of gas since i don't have a speedo. Filter gets changed out every second time. I ride 90% street and still have problems keeping the oil clean for longer than that. I guess in a little paranoid though!

my 06 had 11k miles on it before i sold and it was used as a dual sport / dirt bike...oil changed every 300 miles or asap after. the motor was bone stock and the valves never moved. if it was me i would not go past 500 miles on the road. the oil breaks down way to fast! but what the heck do i know:ride:

cool, im at 600 now....and should prepare for a change. thanks guys

Take the guess work out of it. Send a sample of your oil in for an oil analysis. About $20. Should give you a good base line to project future oil change intervals.

On my WR400 I go 300 miles max between oil changes. On the 07 between 150-200 miles. Neither oil change interval is based on any scientific data - just a whim.

Do an oil analysis.