oil change for a road bike?

hey. my bikes probably does 80% on the road. How many miles should i go between oil changes, and filters?

I change the oil on my 07 every 600-800 and the filter every third time. I think your bike holds more oil then mine so to could go a bit longer.

At the minute im riding my wr400 100% on the road,someones gonna say no way im sure but i think im gonna change the oil every 1000 miles.

Havent had it long so ive changed the oil when i bought it and only done a few hundred miles yet

cool, im at 600 now....and should prepare for a change. thanks guys

wow, I change mine every 5 tanks of gas since i don't have a speedo. Filter gets changed out every second time. I ride 90% street and still have problems keeping the oil clean for longer than that. I guess in a little paranoid though!

wow, I change mine every 5 tanks of gas since i don't have a speedo. Filter gets changed out every second time. I ride 90% street and still have problems keeping the oil clean for longer than that. I guess in a little paranoid though!

my 06 had 11k miles on it before i sold and it was used as a dual sport / dirt bike...oil changed every 300 miles or asap after. the motor was bone stock and the valves never moved. if it was me i would not go past 500 miles on the road. the oil breaks down way to fast! but what the heck do i know:ride:

cool, im at 600 now....and should prepare for a change. thanks guys

Take the guess work out of it. Send a sample of your oil in for an oil analysis. About $20. Should give you a good base line to project future oil change intervals.

On my WR400 I go 300 miles max between oil changes. On the 07 between 150-200 miles. Neither oil change interval is based on any scientific data - just a whim.

Do an oil analysis.