What springs do I need.

Hey guys, I just got me a 06 YZ450F, it is sick. Anyway the suspension is set up for a 230 pound beginner and I am a 180 pound fast C rider. What springs do I need, I think stock springs will work? Also, it has been revalved to and I am wonering if I just change the springs will the valving work good enough for a couple months till I get enough money for the full revalve?

I have I think .48 fork springs with a 5.7 rear? I will check later. I also have 250F springs, .44, 5.1 rear.

I used the Race Tech one and it said I need .46 and a 5.5, is there that big of a difference between a .46 and a .47?

O yea someone has some 08 stock springs they want to sell me, I have look at both spring calculators and they are telling me different spring rates. One is saying .48 fork springs and one is saying .47, and one is saying 5.3 and the other one says 5.5. Which one is it?

The stock '08 springs are .47 and 5.5, and the rear is titanium.

.47 kg/mm pencils out to 26.26 lb/in. .46 is 25.7 lb/in, so that's a difference of 1.1 lb/in for the pair. Not huge, and if you really are fast, you might like the heavier rate.

Thanks, I will just go for the .47's and lower the oil level if it's to much, I doubt it will though.

Now a more serious question, what graphics is everyone running with the white plastics? I can't find a set that complements white plastics.

Before I went out and spent a lot of money, I would try putting in one fork spring and the shock spring from the 250F. This combination may surprise you and it doesn't cost much to try, only a little time and a little oil.....

Before I went out and spent a lot of money, I would try putting in one fork spring and the shock spring from the 250F. This combination may surprise you and it doesn't cost much to try, only a little time and a little oil.....

Wow, I never thought of this, too bad cause I am about to get me some springs.