WR450 15-50 vs 14-50

I changed my stock gearing last night to a 15 countersprocket and the difference is amazing..

It really feels like it hauls ass now to about 80mph , then if you open wider .. 100mph comes quickly :D

The reason i changed was for dual sporting rides. I did dirt earlier too and 3rd gear wheelies feel like they have more traction now ... Im not sure if i actually like it tho... the 14 front was quiet snappy.

anybody else run this setup? what you think?

I had my bike geared at 15-50 for my last ride and liked it alot. The terrain was more wide open than the singletrack I usually ride on, so the gearing suited quite nicely. I don't think I'd like riding at 60 mph for more than 15 or 20 minutes like that, though. If you like it, great. I'd put a 47 or smaller on the rear for any longer trips.

I think that it's fun to change things around and find what works best for you in each situation that you ride in. I put on a 13 counter sproket for some single track loops and change the throttle response setting on my JD Kit. It's almost amazin how adaptable these types of bikes can become. :D

I think that it's fun to change things around and find what works best for you in each situation that you ride in. I put on a 13 counter sproket for some single track loops and change the throttle response setting on my JD Kit. It's almost amazin how adaptable these types of bikes can become. :D

I think i should get me a 13 aswell.. its nice to play around!

I was suprised the difference +1 in the rear did, not huge but it pulled 3rd gear a lot easier in the medium speed stuff without having to shift to 2md all the time.