HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SparksXR426

Will a WR tranny work in a 07 YZ450?

3 posts in this topic

Time for a new bike, always rode Hondas off road and basically want the motocrosser with a wide ratio gearbox. (Yes I know about the KTM XC's, but they never seem to go on sale, almost 2 grand more and their weird) Cant do it with the Honda but it looks like you can with the YZ. Anyone know for sure or tried it? That will clinch my decision to go blue or not.:D

Yes, the WR trans will work in a YZ450, with the following caveats:

> Trans parts are interchangeable between WR450's of '07 and later models and YZ450F's of '06 and later models.

> The shift cam and forks are the same in both models, as is the output shaft.

> The main shaft and all other gears are different. You MAY be able to mix and match gear pairs from one to the other, but the extent to which this is or is not possible is unknown to me.

For those wondering, the '03-'06 WR450 trans can be used in the earlier, '03-'05 YZ450, but omly as a complete assembly:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315799