Looking for stock exhaust for 426

Hi all, I am new here. I did a search but could not find the answer I needed. I bought a used 2001 426 with a White Brother pipe. It is too loud for my taste. It actually regisered at 106db. It has the free mods done. My question is this: Which stock pipes will fit? Can I use a 400, 450, YZ? Will I notice a big difference in power once I switch back to stock?

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same situation on my 02 426. Luckily the guy I bought it from gave me the stock exhaust too so I put that back on. I know the 01 and 02 WR & YZ will fit and I “think” the 98 & 99 will fit as well. I think someone have put on one from a 03/04 450 but it needed to be modified.

Repack the muffler you have.

Even with fresh packing and 5 discs my W/B is rude. I'm using a stocker of a '05(I think) 250. Had to cut 1/2" off the head pipe and make another pipe to silencer gasket but it bolts up otherwise. About the same power as the WB but quite a bit of bottom-mid was lost compaired to a full moto Procircuit setup.

Ok, so you have the E series White brothers, I do too - just go and buy the quiet insert for it - eliminate the disks and supertrapp baffle - that's whats making it so loud - it's dispersing the sound in all directions.

My E series with quiet insert registers exactly the same dB as my stock pipe but gives me more power at the same time.

If you decide to go with an OEM exhaust 1998 to 2003 bolts right up at the subframe - anything 04 to 06 will need a little adjustment at the bolt but not much.

Ok, so you have the E series White brothers, I do too - just go and buy the quiet insert for it - eliminate the disks and supertrapp baffle - that's whats making it so loud - it's dispersing the sound in all directions.

My E series with quiet insert registers exactly the same dB as my stock pipe but gives me more power at the same time.

If you decide to go with an OEM exhaust 1998 to 2003 bolts right up at the subframe - anything 04 to 06 will need a little adjustment at the bolt but not much.

Matt, So you are running just the USFS end cap and the quiet core insert with no discs at all? Or did you do away with the end cap?

When you put in the quiet core - it changes the exhaust to a NON supertrapp style - you eliminate the disks and cap - at this point your muffler is no longer USFS approved, to me - no biggie - don't live in the US and up here - trees don't burn!

If you put the quiet core in under the disks and endcap, it has absolutely no effect on sound, actually - I tried it with the same number of disks I was originally using to see if I could keep the "spark arrestor" and it became 2dB louder.

you can always make your own spark arrestor (minus the USFS approval of course) or not run the quiet core and add a pro mo billet spark arrestor - it's tip is essentially the same as the quiet core anyways - either way - it'll be quieter than that super loud supertrapp design.