HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason_R

Yellow plastics!?

9 posts in this topic

No there are not any suppliers that offer a real 07+ wr plastics , just yz and they take a good bit of modding to get those to fit a wr. there is white ,blue and black out there.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring out a Yellow WR-450 kit!? I'd imagine painting plastics isn't that great of an idea.

Do YZ plastics look good and fit on a WR?

EDIT: I could have sworn I saw a yellow WR450 on the showroom floor. Had the headlight and tailight...couldn't have been a YZ!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring out a Yellow WR-450 kit!? I'd imagine painting plastics isn't that great of an idea.

Do YZ plastics look good and fit on a WR?

EDIT: I could have sworn I saw a yellow WR450 on the showroom floor. Had the headlight and tailight...couldn't have been a YZ!

I did talk to the people at ufo and they said they had no plans to make yellow. I'm not aware of a yellow wr straight from yamaha . They did do a white wr in OZ.

the one with the dunlop stickers is the wr one.

DSC00991.jpg

you can see in this pic the differance under the seat where in bolts up from the sides . how the wr one is nearly a 1nch wider.

DSC00990.jpg

as far as yz stuff looking all right on a wr . I have yz rad shouds , graphics and a front fender on my 07 wr . all that fits fine if you have a Ims fuel tank . I heard some people are putting on the shrouds without the Ims tank they are just leaving the bolt out that does not line up . that's a little rigged up sounding to me , but to each their own. the real issues are with the number plates and the rear fender . the rear fender can be made to fit but then you also the to relocate your cdi and make up a few spacers .So you can see for yourself . the number plates require a yz air box . most people I've seen stop with just the rear fender.

search TT for dying plastic:thumbsup: with RIT dye:thumbsup:http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611365&highlight=dying+plastic

I tryed that on my stock headlight shell . it did dye it but not all the way :D . I was trying to make it black , I got a very cool looking navy blue after a whole week of being in the dye . I ended up just spraying it with krylon fusion. That was a waste of 25 bucks worth of dye and a weeks worth of time

I tryed that on my stock headlight shell . it did dye it but not all the way :D . I was trying to make it black , I got a very cool looking navy blue after a whole week of being in the dye . I ended up just spraying it with krylon fusion. That was a waste of 25 bucks worth of dye and a weeks worth of time

Good to Know tweave. I'm afraid the yellow would be a pastel yellow:worthy:

Good to Know tweave. I'm afraid the yellow would be a pastel yellow:D

I'm sorry that I forgot to post my outcome of the dye job before . I did not even take any pictures of the semi dye job . so at this point krylon is the better choice. it did dye it even but not to black . I think you would have a heck of a time dyeing or painting a white rear fender yellow and getting the color to match up with the rest of the bike.