WR450F throttle sticking

Gday, im having some troubles with the trottle on my 05 WR450F. It was a little sticky and grab abit initally, so i pulled it apart and tried to lube the cables and housing, but the cables are hard to lube due to the white plastic things at the end of the cable. I put everything back together as i found it and now it is grabbing even more, and wont even return i when i turn it. Is there any tricks to lubing or setting up the throttle assembly? Should i get new cables?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers everyone

Try a bit of WD-40 and force it down the cable. Also check the throttle return spring and see if the problem isn't maybe at the carb. Good luck

cheers for the replys guys, did a bit more investigating today and turns out it was snagging on the bark buster end, so just trimmed the throttle tube so it could slide over the bar end and repositioned the throttle assembly and all good working like a charm!!

My throttle got stuck open once, due to an abundance of grip glue, and my buddy wheelied my bike into the side of my truck. The sticky throttle problem is one that is always worth fixing.

cheers for the replys guys, did a bit more investigating today and turns out it was snagging on the bark buster end, so just trimmed the throttle tube so it could slide over the bar end and repositioned the throttle assembly and all good working like a charm!!

i was going to ask:thumbsup:

Easily the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

My throttle got stuck open once, due to an abundance of grip glue, and my buddy wheelied my bike into the side of my truck. The sticky throttle problem is one that is always worth fixing.