2001 426 Carb leaking fuel

My 2001 426 carb is leaking fuel. I have the ZipTy mod. It is leaking from the brass connection that the fuel hose from the petcock connects to. It seems to be leaking from inside the carb and coming out where the brass connection goes into the carb.

Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to fix? Thanks!

there is 2 or 3 o-rings in the fitting and they are probably old and cracked.....you will need to replace them for it to stop leaking.

Has the bike been sitting for a while? The O-ring on that swivel could just be dry, and it may stop leaking after a bit. If not, get some 3TJ-14564-40-00 O-rings from Yamaha. They aren't listed for the '01, but they are for the '06 and later models, which use the same setup, and call for 3 of them. The fitting is retained by a screw running across it from the rear edge of the carb near the fitting.

Thanks. It has been sitting for about 5 months. I had the carb out of the bike this whole time and Zipty did their mod about 4 months ago. I have been slowly rebuilding (new piston, rings, etc). Just got it all back together and it was leaking like crazy. Any other items I should think about replacing since it has been sitting awhile? There has been no gas in the tank or carb this whole time. They have been off the bike.

If everything else works, you should be OK, and you might go out to the bike in the morning to find that it doesn't leak anymore, too. That happened with my son's 250F.

my carb on my 426 leaks out the drain hole at the bottom, is there supposed to be an o ring in there ?

No, that means it floods (the float needle valve fails to seal against the needle seat). This is either due to dirt stuck on the seat, the float binding, or the needle itself being worn out.

No, that means it floods (the float needle valve fails to seal against the needle seat). This is either due to dirt stuck on the seat, the float binding, or the needle itself being worn out.

Is that an easy fix for a rookie? Ive worked on my banshee carbs but I'm new to these four stroke things:smirk:

Same kind of thing.