Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fasthands

BHP output for 2006 WR 450f

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to register my bike it's a 2006 WR450F European spec, for road use here in the UK, I am really struggling to find the BHP for the bike in complete standard form. does anyone know as it asks this on the form I need to fill in to register the bike. I have found some info that says it's around 36.6 ft lb of torque as standard, but I need BHP. I cant find it anywhere!! AAARRGGHHH! :D Can anyone help?

Stock wr450's make hp numbers in the low 40's. Modded bikes get up to the lower 50's with just bolt on parts. Serious supermoto bikes with higher comp pistons and race cams can make upwards of 60hp.

Stock wr450's make hp numbers in the low 40's. Modded bikes get up to the lower 50's with just bolt on parts. Serious supermoto bikes with higher comp pistons and race cams can make upwards of 60hp.

yup!

I've seen stock dyno runs in the mags from the 43-46 hp range. Each dyno is different....

With the gray wire cut, opened airbox, jetted carb, and a pipe these things will meet or exceed the 50hp mark.

Thanks folks, it is more than I thought! this grey wire and other mods sound interesting!! I will be looking this up. thanks again.:D