HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broccoli2

Bent Rim. How bent is too bent? Pic

12 posts in this topic

So I bent my 08 WR450 front rim today and was wondering what all your opinions are?

I ride trails and desert

I never even slowed down and road it the rest of the day. I knew I hit it pretty hard but didn't think I bent it and didn't check until I got home. This dent is only on one side of the rim..

What do you all think?

Do I need a new rim?

Can it be bent back good enough?

IMG_4720.jpg

wouldnt try to bent it back will prob be fine untill u get a new rim, i rode my yz will 2 dings in it for a year almost and it was fine just keep checkin the spokes to see if they are tight

Is your tyre running true when you spin the wheel ?

If it is not too far out it is probably OK not to worry about it.

You may be able to adjust the true by changing the spoke tension.

Good luck pounding it back. If you have access to a press, that would be easier, if not, ride it like you stole it.:D

I used a wood piece and sledge take out dents ....the wood doesn't mark it.....like they say don't force it, just get a bigger hammer:banana:

Good luck pounding it back. If you have access to a press, that would be easier, if not, ride it like you stole it.:D

Thats what got me into this:bonk:

I road it today.. Ran like normal.. I think I'm just going to leave it alone..

Thanks for the advice

I tried to straighten one out a few years ago and had it almost back when I heard a sickening crack and completely broke the rim right across it's width. If the wheel is still true and your not flatting the tire I would just keep riding. My .02 -- WR Dave.

X2 on the press. i had a rim like that and took it to my mechanic who has a press. It came out really straight. My mechanic said don't try to pound it out for fear of making it weaker.