HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ingvar

the best fork seal+wiper combination

7 posts in this topic

What is the best replacement fork seal+wiper combination for our "crying" Kayaba 46 mm inverted

fork? WB, K&S, something else?

WR426'01

Factory?

Do you mean seals from Kayaba (or maybe Yamaha

makes them itself)? Probably the price for original parts is too high (as usual)

Most of the seals made seem to be pretty good except for the ones that go by the name "leak Proof". Yea Right, what was their marketing dept. thinking when they named those.

The fork seals that 98yz refers to are called Pro-Moly Leak Proof seals and Dennis Kirk is the only dealer I know of and I think they are great.

I have used stock Yamaha seals over, and over, and over, and over.... with the same results.

Finally I got smart and tried something else and I have had them on my bike now for over 6 months! And thats a record for riding around here in the mud.

It probably helped that I put Seal Savers on at the same time (www.sealsavers.com)(I think there is also a banner ad on this website)

Plus if these seals ever fail they are warranted for a life time. (of course you have to be sure and install them correctly! :) )