HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
razzor

wr 450 2003 voltage / lights

2 posts in this topic

hello there , awesome bike ain`t they , only now got mine and boy is she a laugh , but i gotta question , at the battery theres 12.5v , when sitting there not running , switch the ignition on and alls well , fire her up tho and with the lights on , either with low or high beam its sits around 9v at the battery and 10.4 at the bulb , when the bike is rev`d the bulbs go bright then drops a bit , do you recon its the regulator anyone ,.one more thing , the lights only work when the engine is running , does this mean that the indicators n horn are dc off the the battery but the lights are ac from the regulator , should i leave as be or change to dc at the light to and get the reg to give the correct voltage , cheers ????????

done some searching and dc for horn and indicators , and ac for lights seem the correct way to go , which is good to know , anyone know what the voltage outta the reg should be for charging please