04 cam

yes, i have the 05' 450 cam in mine and it works perfectly... and it supposed to be more broad in how it lays out the power and the 03' is more of an ubrupt power delivery similar to the original 426 cam.

Mike,

The camshafts for all YZ450's '03 - '05 are identical. The difference in power delivery between the '03 and '05 was in the CDI. The '06 cam is the same grind profile with slightly different timing for better high end power.

..very satisfied and it just seems a little more tame over the stock cam but its just smoother power and it seems like it revs easier.
Would you say it is more controllable/less explosive at low/mid speeds, but still pulls hard, and that it revs better on top?

That's pretty much just what the comparison between the '06 and '04 is like.

well there was a pretty noticeable difference as far as some of the explosiveness dissapating into controlability in which i almost liked it better with the explosivness before but i have grown to appreciate the smoothess and manageability that it obtains now. and as far as it reving on top better i didnt notice much of a difference, but then again i dont really rev my bike out too high, but the best way i can explain it is that is just revs smoother all the way across the rmp range and it still pulls like a train.