Inspired by the other members who have polished their stock headers, I decided to try it for myself today since I had the day off of work. I picked up some 5-packs of 320, 600, and 1500 wet sandpaper, a wire sheel (3", fine), and some metal polish (Noxon 7). I used the wire wheel to strip off the heavy paint. It came off pretty easily and there was dust everywhere. I tried to keep it even, but it was tough. Since the wheel was fine and not coarse, though, it wasn't too bad. Once the wire wheel cleaning was done, I moved on to the sand paper game. I laid the sheets out horizontally and cut them into strips about 1/2" to 1" wide. Placed the pipe in the vice with a rag around it so as to not scuff it up and began to sand away. I just held the strips by the ends and kinda "flossed" them around the pipe. It took about 3 sheets worth of sandpaper to do everything. After I was done with the 320 sandpaper, I air cleaned the pipe, then wiped off any excess dust. Next it was on to the 600 sandpaper for the same process. Then after that, the 1500 sandpaper. The 2 mounts for the heat shield were kinda tricky to get around, but since they're hidden, I didn't really do them perfectly. Once all of the sanding was done, I just used the Noxon and polished it up by hand. A buffing wheel would've probably made it look even nicer, but I'm happy with the results. The whole process took a few hours, and I think the results are worth the work. Check it out.