HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan X

XR400r vs XR600r

29 posts in this topic

I have XR600r(1994) and for about 2 weeks I`m gona have XR400r(1999)...So...how you rate these two bikes for allround use-which XR are better?

I've owned both.

The XR600 is a good desert bike and would make a great dualsport. It is too heavy for woods riding IMO.

The XR400 feels a ton lighter than the 600, but is still heavy. It makes a great all-around bike. Good for woods and open terrain.

I agree 100% with firffighter. I owned both and the 600 was a better dual sport because of higher road speed, but the 400 was far superior off road because of less weight. The 600 was a more predictable cold starter, however.

If you want to ride roads, the 600. If just bopping around town and trails, the 400. I have a 650R that is just not good in the woods. The 400 RULES there. I have another 650R that is for street. It RULES there! Pick your poison. Also, tell me, are Honda XR's super popular over there? If you go to YouTube, half of the videos or more for XR's are from Europe. Is that because parts and parts costs are so expensive that you need a bullet proof bike like the XR that just never breaks?

In Srbija XR`s are very rare-possibly 5-6(600/650) in all country...For Europa-I think that Italians are biggest fans-but in my opinion XR`s are quite better accepted in USA.

I personally would rather ride "bullet proof bike like the XR that just never breaks":ride: than new tech bike with much more maintaining and defects-but that just me...

"If you go to YouTube, half of the videos or more for XR's are from Europe."

Here is mine 600...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3JoVEdGzkY

(Sorry to go off topic.)

Ivan X, I watched all of your videos. As much as you like water, maybe you should buy a boat? :bonk: I hope you grease your pivot joints often!

Nice looking country you have over there! :lame:

(Sorry to go off topic.)

Ivan X, I watched all of your videos. As much as you like water, maybe you should buy a boat? :ride: I hope you grease your pivot joints often!

Nice looking country you have over there! :worthy:

Those videos on You Tobe are recorded after woods/mud driving-I`m just washing my bike like all real macho mans do it...:ride:

Yes it`s nice country-thanks.:D

I`m change pivot joints often and then I greas them...:ride:

slikagukos6ns2.jpg

By ivanx gs023au4.jpg

By ivanx gs022sh9.jpg

By ivanx slikagukosnd5.jpg

By ivanx 41223150wl0.jpg

By ivanx kodstrele009il3.jpg

By ivanx nazadnjipn2.jpg

By ivanx 8265nocnacl0.jpg

By ivanx

P.S.Put some of yours intresting pics or videos...

For Europa-I think that Italians are biggest fans-but in my opinion XR`s are quite better accepted in USA.

Now, you hurt my feelings here Ivan! Ever been to Greece?

We absolutely LOVE XRs!! Well, we generally LOVE Hondas, but that's another story!:eek:

By the way, great photos! I recently read an article on a Greek motorcycle magazine of a group of off-roaders visiting for a week your lovely country in order to do Mega -Test on several on-off bikes, and I must say that they were amazed by your country. I wanna come some day too!:worthy: Maybe ride my XR4.. Hmm, would be nice..:banghead:

Pozdrav Ivan. I have spent a lot of seat time on both bikes. They are terrific bikes and each one has its' own personality. The 600 is best for open fast riding and is OK in the tight stuff too providing that you are in good physical condition. The 400 is good in just about any environment, does everything well. However, if I had to choose bewteen the two bikes, I would take the 600 'cause it's just too much fun.

My sentiments pretty much echo whats already been said here.

The 600 is a better bike for cruising fire roads & open trails, and climbing hills.

The 400 is a better bike for tight woods.

Now, you hurt my feelings here Ivan! Ever been to Greece?

We absolutely LOVE XRs!! Well, we generally LOVE Hondas, but that's another story!:banghead:

By the way, great photos! I recently read an article on a Greek motorcycle magazine of a group of off-roaders visiting for a week your lovely country in order to do Mega -Test on several on-off bikes, and I must say that they were amazed by your country. I wanna come some day too!:worthy: Maybe ride my XR4.. Hmm, would be nice..:lol:

I've never been to Greece-i`m a little lazy to go anywhere from Srbija...

Anyway, my brother has been on holiday over there last year and he have been amazed with number of enduro and cross bikes in Athena.So,when he`s back over here,he told me:"ther`s a bunch of xr`s,ttr`s,wr`s,yz`s in Greek...and everybody driving fast,doing wheelies and all other crazy things!";)

If you decide to come over here-we could ride together and spend some time hunting Belgrade girls...:eek:

And yea...For Europa-I think that Greek`s(No1) and Italians are biggest fans of XR`s...:lol:

Cheers mate...:bonk:

Pozdrav Ivan. I have spent a lot of seat time on both bikes. They are terrific bikes and each one has its' own personality. The 600 is best for open fast riding and is OK in the tight stuff too providing that you are in good physical condition. The 400 is good in just about any environment, does everything well. However, if I had to choose bewteen the two bikes, I would take the 600 'cause it's just too much fun.

Pozdrav...Therefore I`m decide to keep xr600 and xr400...

Cheers...

Overall, I'd say the XR4 is the better overall bike. Mine is dual sported and I cant think of needing any more power. I can cruise 60mph at 5700 rpm and pull 3rd gear roll-on wheelies. It's also nimble enough to have fun in just about any woods environment.

I don't have a problem with my 600 in the woods. In fact that bike is all that I use for straight woods riding.

Have a friend that went crazy trying to catch me in the woods. He said I would pull ten feet on him out of every corner. His bike is a 440 now.

XR400 is a 5 spd, 600 a six, 250 a six, go figure.

I don't have a problem with my 600 in the woods. In fact that bike is all that I use for straight woods riding.

Have a friend that went crazy trying to catch me in the woods. He said I would pull ten feet on him out of every corner. His bike is a 440 now.

XR400 is a 5 spd, 600 a six, 250 a six, go figure.

Of course the 600 can be ridden in woods just fine, and work well. I rode a '99 XR600, and '01 XR650R pretty much exclusively in the woods, and I liked them.

Whenever I would ride somebody's 400, I did have to admit it worked better in the tight stuff. But yes, I could dust those 400's when the trail opened up.

BTW the XR400, 500 & 600's were all 5-speeds.

BTW the XR400, 500 & 600's were all 5-speeds.

Tells ya how often I get out of third...:worthy: