HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fasthands

New WR450 06 Owner, new to the forum, hello!

2 posts in this topic

Hello folks I have just got a 2006 WR450F and I will be using it on the road. I am a returning biker as I was involved in a major near fatal accident at work in May 07, having both my Femurs crushed by a 1968 Ford Mustang GT350. I am now recovering well and walking thanks to some metalwork. And will be attending college soon to retrain as a motorcycle mechanic. The insurance company are funding the course and my full motorcycle licence.

So my Mum bless her has bought me the bike, as a friend was selling it at a great price, so I can sit and look at it until I pass my test. More torture!

The bike has only covered 687 miles and is pristine. I am just wondering if I should go the full Super Moto way, or fit some more road type tires to the existing rims. any suggestions would be great!:lame:

Welcome!

Are your area roads bordered by fun dirt roads or non-technical unpaved routes? Maybe you'd like to explore those someday; SM wheels/tires can still do those just at a slower speed for the most part.

If you have no desire to go off the pavement then by all means kit your great new bike in some SM gear!