HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hourout

brp vs ktm 520 exc

7 posts in this topic

a friend of mine just called and wanted to know if i would even swap my 01 brp for his stock ktm 520 exc. both bikes have nj title and plates. his is stock and a 00. mine has a e sires,summers fork brace, protapers, moose skid plate , ims 4 gallon tank, ims shrouds, devol rad gards, and elderbrock pumper. i need advice making up my mind. i ride tight east cost enduros and he just doesn't seem to like the ktm feel. he only rode the bike a hand full of times. thanks in advance. later :)

Think about it?!..

Why does he want to give up his KTM???

Unless you don't like the BRP , I would tend to think he knows what the better bike is and wants to get one over on you.

That's just what I think. :)

Stay with the BRP.

I love my BRP but, all things being equal condition wise, the KTM is worth more, is a better woods bike, and has electric start. Do it!!!

I think that if both bikes are in simalr condition and equaly worn,with a little proper set up and afew gaurds (skid plate ect.)the KTM is the bike to have, expecialy if you ride tight woods. :)

I had 2 XR650R's, bought a '02 KTM MXC last year. The "magic" button, lighter, more power. This is the best bike I have owned! The XR was a great bike but the KTM is light years ahead.

Trade for the KTM if its in excellent condition. You can still sell it and get another XR650 w/o loosing money.