WR450 and Recluse

Gents,

RE 04 WR450. Put a Recluse in when I bought the bike new. After 4-years of great service and abuse the clutch & basket is fubr. Please recommend a good clutch basket and clutch pack. Also, the steel discs are black, think I should replace them? Thanks guys!

I would replace the steels. Rekluse will sell you a set pretty cheap. As far as the basket goes, you can't go wrong with a Hinson. I saw a new Barnett setup that has stainless steel reinforcing the spots where the friction tabs usually notch the basket after time. It looked pretty sweet, and they make all sorts of heavy duty plates that might normally be too much for a stock basket, but would probably be ok in one of their new baskets. On the other hand, you got four plus years out of the stock basket, and a new stock piece will probably be the cheapest option that you have.

You can get all of the parts you need from Rekluse.

I would replace the steels. Rekluse will sell you a set pretty cheap. As far as the basket goes, you can't go wrong with a Hinson. I saw a new Barnett setup that has stainless steel reinforcing the spots where the friction tabs usually notch the basket after time. It looked pretty sweet, and they make all sorts of heavy duty plates that might normally be too much for a stock basket, but would probably be ok in one of their new baskets. On the other hand, you got four plus years out of the stock basket, and a new stock piece will probably be the cheapest option that you have.

My thoughts exactly. If it held up for 4 years, then don't change a thing. That's better than perfect.

Hinson or Barnett basket with OEM plates. You can't go wrong with that setup...SC