How can I go with Vintage Yellow on my 08?

So, I did some searching and found a photoshopped picture of a yellow bike but didn't find much more.

I would love to go vintage yellow... UFO only has a front fender. Has anyone found other sources for yellow? Did any of the other markets (japanese, europe) ever have yellow WR's?

This was the pic I found, really like it.

wryellow.jpg

Order black or clear IMS tank, you can use yellow YZ radiator covers. Then get the YZ yellow front/rear fenders. The head light my be just a little more work. Acerbis yellow head light assmebly. The stock WR tail light can be mounted to the YZ fender. Just drill the holes and use longer bolts. New seat cover and yer done. You can't get any plastic for the WR other that the stock colors. The front fender is the same for YZ and WR.

I saw a dude here on TT that found blue side panels for the 05-06 WR purcahsed from TT........

Just my $.02

The stock WR tail light can be mounted to the YZ fender. Just drill the holes and use longer bolts. New seat cover and yer done. You can't get any plastic for the WR other that the stock colors. The front fender is the same for YZ and WR.

I saw a dude here on TT that found blue side panels for the 05-06 WR purcahsed from TT........

Just my $.02

First off , you can't just put a yz rear fender on a 07+ wr450 . your cdi would have to be relocated and the fender is about a 1 inch too narrow to bolt to the subframe . I'm sure it could be made to fit but it's far from a bolt on .

2 you can get wr plastics in black , white and blue all of them but the head light shell . I know this for sure I have all three sets . the black is on mine now that's all from ufo. the White I a mixed set from one industries , ufo ,and acerbis.

the acerbis rear fender is an exact replacement rear fender that the stock tail light will bolt right on .

the ufo rear fender comes with it's own tail light and a plate holder . the stock tail light does not fit it.

As far as the head light goes I just used the krylon fusion in it the stock shell only costs 12 bucks

I thought about the same thing, but it was the rear fender that stopped me. I did not want it if it was going to be too narrow. I will say that a black headlight shroud and black WR rear fender along with the other yellow pieces would probably look pretty nice.

Don't get me wrong . the rear fender can be made to fit .But there are two problems with it .

1 where it bolts in from the sides it's about an inch narrower then the sub frame it's not anything a set of longer bolts and 2 3/8 inch spacers would not fix .

2 no place on a yz fender to mount the cdi

here pics explain it better.

the plain fender is the yz one

you can see the cdi mount on the wr fender in the back

DSC00991.jpg

this pic shows how much wider the wr one is right in front of the seat.

DSC00990.jpg

I relocate my CDI in the "snorkel" place in the Airbox... and no problem.

I have my 2007 WR 450... in white since 04/2007 (with all YZ white plastics)

the only thing that is not "perfect" are the radiator shrouds... but.. still no problem. (only one bolt in each side that you can t fit, but the shrouds are in place... no need to spend $$ in a YZ or IMS tank... only if you want more mileage).

regards, fLAVIO

for the yellow vintage style... you have the One Industries pack with all plactics, graphics.. etc..)