07 WR450 Trans Failures?

I wonder if that might have anything to do with it:thinking: Especially if you are not synchronizing the shift and unloading of the motor correctly. It's so easy to get lazy with that little detail. If so, you would be putting a tremendous amount of stress on the shift forks resulting in what you have.

:D

:D

I wasn't trying to state the obvious. The point I was trying to make is it's user "abuse" and not some percieved weakness in Yamaha's design or quality control, which could be implied or percieved from this thread.

I just don't want to give trolls ammo for Yammi bashing. This is probably one of the most reliable bikes on the market today.

Hope the R&R goes well/quickly, and hope to ride with you sometime soon:ride:

I wasn't trying to state the obvious. The point I was trying to make is it's user "abuse" and not some percieved weakness in Yamaha's design or quality control, which could be implied or percieved from this thread.

I just don't want to give trolls ammo for Yammi bashing. This is probably one of the most reliable bikes on the market today.

Hope the R&R goes well/quickly, and hope to ride with you sometime soon:ride:

Like you said I don't think it's a bad design ,but that does not change the fact that they do fail sooner or later . Mine's fading fast but it also has quite a few more miles on it then most . I do clutch to shift mine and it's popping out of 2nd and third if I twist the throttle the whole way in either of them . but my has at least 5000 street miles on it now . so can you really blame it? I think not.

Like you said I don't think it's a bad design ,but that does not change the fact that they do fail sooner or later . Mine's fading fast but it also has quite a few more miles on it then most . I do clutch to shift mine and it's popping out of 2nd and third if I twist the throttle the whole way in either of them . but my has at least 5000 street miles on it now . so can you really blame it? I think not.

Also, your situation is aggravated by the lack of a cush drive. Tarmac/highway miles without a cush drive hammers the tranny.

Also, your situation is aggravated by the lack of a cush drive. Tarmac/highway miles without a cush drive hammers the tranny.

That's what I'm thinking , but doy you think it would really hold up much longer even with one . I have a 96 600 ninja , they are known to trash second and third by the time they get to 10000 miles on them and those are designed for the street . I'm just not really sure there is a whole lot that can be done to help . I am going to put in a clutch basket with a small cush in it from rekluse it may help some . I'm doing a whole bunch of stuff during this winter's complete tear down. We are talking about a race built bike holding up for this long is almost unheard of given the amount of abuse it goes thru.....

you know what they say . you got to pay if you want to play.

From now on, I'm gunna use my clutch a lot more, and always when on a hard surface.

Bottom line.... How much $$$ in parts and how many hours labor to fix your tranny?