slight miss at 70?

noticed lately when riding my bike on tarmac when sitting at 70 mph every so aften there's like a dead miss?

it only does this when cruising with the throttle held open.

its a 05 wr with 1350 kilometres on the clock its serviced every 2nd outing including oil and air filters

the miss seams to be getting worse ive not changed the plug yet and as far as i know its never been changed.

but apart from this dead miss when cruising it rides fine

anyone any ideas?

go 75? I really do not know

How far do you have the throttle open ? I'm guessing between a 1/4 and half. I have two guesses right now with the info I have .

1. your jetting is off at that rpm "at least" . Try moving your needle up

2. it could also be the standard wr stutter . rejetting and adjusting the tps help with this one. but it is very hard to get rid of it completly.

Sounds like the typical miss somehow caused by the TPS (throttle position sensor). Try unplugging it and see if it goes away.

Sounds like the typical miss somehow caused by the TPS (throttle position sensor). Try unplugging it and see if it goes away.

wheres this by? its a uk bike dont know if that makes a difference.

its only started this spluter last couple of weeks up untill then it would cruise like a normal trail bike would,

its a 05 wr

ive not changed the plug yet and as far as i know its never been changed.

anyone any ideas?

Why not try a new spark plug. It's can't hurt and all it will cost you is a pint.

wheres this by? its a uk bike dont know if that makes a difference.

its only started this spluter last couple of weeks up untill then it would cruise like a normal trail bike would,

What you really need is a Manual. Look through the stickies above and there is a link to online manuals.

well thanks for the imfo guys i,l try a new plug unplug that throttle thingy

have a look through my manual and go from there