License Plate Mounting

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it. Baja Designs makes an insert for the rear fender, but it seems my taillight wouldn't fit. I've checked UFO and Acerbis sites. I'm looking for something that will be steamline and not hang down too low. I dont want to lose the plate. Any Ideas?

I've mine on the road for over a year now ant his is the best deal I have found . Note : the only down side to this ufo rear fender is the fact that the tail light does not come with a factory style plug . it comes with bullet plugs , so you can either find a source for a factory plug or just change the bike over to bullets . I change mine over ,but I do know where to get the plug.

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it

The WR gods must be looking down favorably on you! :lame: What does the registration read, MC or MX? If it’s MX you could get a letter from Sacramento asking for the plate back.

Here is my 02 with a BD rear fender/blinkers/taillight.

DSkit002.jpg

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it. Baja Designs makes an insert for the rear fender, but it seems my taillight wouldn't fit. I've checked UFO and Acerbis sites. I'm looking for something that will be steamline and not hang down too low. I dont want to lose the plate. Any Ideas?

I have an 07 and had the same concerns. Tried a couple different options but ended up with this.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691648&highlight=license

Greg

didn't anyone notice the 2 bottles of nos, whats up with that?

That just me planing out this winter's upgrades, Need more power . so it's getting a athena big bore kit , a ported yz head with+ 1 mm valves , the set of hot cams and a bottle feeding setup....all the parts are setting here but the big bore kit.