Aluminum frame footpeg mod

I tried searching this on both the WR and the YZ site to no avail. Has anyone

done this mod on a later model (aluminum frame) YZ? I have an 07, As near as I can tell this mod requires one of three things. One, a lot of grinding on the peg so it will clear the lower bolt. Two, the Fastway lowboy mounts, that have the lower mount hole countersunk (with bolt). Or three, I do the latter on my own and buy a replacement bolt and countersink the lower mount hole myself. Two is not an option because I have an aftermarket kickstand.

Has anyone tried this?

You have to cut the barrel off the peg and move it to the top. Then grind the peg and the bolt head a little

I couldn't get the peg mounts off my '06, the torx bolts have very shallow heads and the torx bits don't want to bite them. The Fastway pegs are lower already then the stock mounts by 3/8" even when not in the low position. Mike

You have to cut the barrel off the peg and move it to the top. Then grind the peg and the bolt head a little

Correct, or buy the STR footpeg lowering mount kit.:lame:

Good Luck

what exactly is the mod you guys are referring to?

Lowering the foot pegs for tall riders. Just what every Sumo rider wants to do. :bonk::lame:

Hey that would be cool.......they would scrape in the corners easier and it would look like I'm going faster!!!!!

Hey that would be cool.......they would scrape in the corners easier and it would look like I'm going faster!!!!!
'zackly :lame: