HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ridemore

WR Release Dates

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any reliable release dates in Colorado for both the YZ and the WR 450. My local dealer has one yz in July(more in August) and says no WR's are being released until Nov/Dec.

Let me know what you've heard.

my local dealer says wr's in august.

i am thinking more toward december though.

when the first wr 400's came out, my buddies didnt come in until may of 98'.

I don't understand why Yamaha would release the info. on these bikes if they are still 6 months out on production? Kind of stupid. It seems to me that they will have to discount their 2002 426's pretty good since we know the 450 is coming. If thats the case, why continue to manufacture 426's for the last months of 2002 knowing you could get retail on every 450? They would be losing money on any 426 they produce from here on out due to discounts. I hope the 450's are coming much sooner than December.... if not, then Yamaha's marketing dept. is not to bright in my book.

Originally posted by Thumper 36:

...I hope the 450's are coming much sooner than December.... if not, then Yamaha 's marketing dept. is not to bright in my book.

Good point!

Ridemore,

Not sure about Colorado but I've gotten conflicting reports both in Idaho and the dealers I called in Utah. Where I ordered my new WR450 they told me August. I called the other dealer here in Boise and they said December. I called three dealers in Utah; one said August and two said November/December. Vesco's in Brigham City, Utah had some Yamaha sales info and the ship dates from Yamaha said YZF's in August and WR's in November. I'm hoping August but realistically it will probably be November...just in time for winter. :)

i would not mind a 2002 wr 426

then just put all mt stuff i have on mine on that one. sweet.

Chris

I'm with ya LEWI, i'm gonna wait till the 450's get here and get me a deal on a 02 426, theres a dealer here with four of them 3-yz's and 1-wr. And then i'm gonna streetize the old 400 and ride it to work, it needs the retirement.