HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shortburb

Intake Cam profile question 03 YZ450

3 posts in this topic

Iv been having some hard starting issues lately and havent checked the valves in a while and all my intakes are tight...No biggie Ill get some shims tomorrow...

While checking valves I noticed all 3 intake lobes on the cam (look like they) engage at 3 different times...the lobes are 'twisted' slightly in relation to each other. The bike runs great and makes power but to me having all 3 valves open simultaneously would create a deeper vacuum for more fuel....

Know what I mean?

Is this how it is or has my cam somehow 'twisted'? The cam is in great shape not a mark on it no heat marks that I can see...nothing...

The outer lobes are aligned with each other, and the center lobe is rotated slightly to compensate for the fact that the center valve enters the head at a slightly different angle than the other two.