07+ Front Disk Guard

I could say that I a: never ride the bike(wrong), b: ride like a total turd(wrong again), c: wash the bike after every ride with simple green and a soft bristle brush and then give the bike a quick once over with mop and glo or d: those pics are from last year when the bike was new and while it still looks good it's not as good as those pics anymore because I have a few thousand kilometers of mountain riding on the bike now. C is what I always do ,but for your answer, D is correct. A more recent pic :lame: WR Dave

100_0690.jpg

If you want full protection

P1010251.jpg

Been running this Flatland all season and it is definately some quality protection. Only downfalls is a little bit costly and a bit of weight.

that would work to protect the disk but not your fingers.

i bought one, because i had a buddy helping life my motorbike into my truck..

stuck his pinky finger under the caliper and into the disk.. snip snip off it came... ouchies....

so i put on a Aeribs protector to stop other peeps putting there fingers in my front disc!!!

cheers

Warts

that would work to protect the disk but not your fingers.

i bought one, because i had a buddy helping life my motorbike into my truck..

stuck his pinky finger under the caliper and into the disk.. snip snip off it came... ouchies....

so i put on a Aeribs protector to stop other peeps putting there fingers in my front disc!!!

cheers

Warts

That's a bummer :lame:

Myself though I'm not really worried about someone putting their finger in there.....

Problem with plastic disc guards is no real protection from big disc bending rocks and not enough airflow for cooling brakes. With the big descents we have here in BC boiling brakes IS an issue.

IMG_0274.jpg

How do you like the Acerbis? I've been thinking about getting one but I'm a little leery of the metal spider concept. Did it install ok? I know there is a crash out there that can bend or break anything, but do you think it could get easily bent?

Anyone else runnung the Acerbis? :lame:

trailhead2004

Mounting was a snap. The metal carrier (spider ?) replaces the left wheel spacer, and the plastic guard then bolts on to the spider. Haven't had an issue with it yet. I'm sure if you crash just right, you could bend the carrier into the brake disc, in which case you would want to make sure you carry the OEM spacer so you can replace it trail-side and continue on with your ride.

Mounting was a snap. The metal carrier (spider ?) replaces the left wheel spacer, and the plastic guard then bolts on to the spider. Haven't had an issue with it yet. I'm sure if you crash just right, you could bend the carrier into the brake disc, in which case you would want to make sure you carry the OEM spacer so you can replace it trail-side and continue on with your ride.

Thanks for the feedback!! :lame::bonk:

trailhead2004