HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotorCycleMike1

Tire Size

8 posts in this topic

What size rear tire are you all running? my bike came with a 110 stock, thats what I have always ran. All of my KTM buddies are runnng 130's (width) from what I can tell I have enough clearance to go bigger. What do you guys think?

Depends on what tire brand your buddies are running. I have Michelin S-12 on my bike, 130/80-18 and its not any wider than the stock tire that came on the bike, that was a 110/100-18. Michelins are measured differently than other brands so the #'s aren't always the same sizing

I too am running a larger 120/100-18 as i wanted my bike to sit a little taller, and the extra width, imho is great for traction

Motorbike2005.jpg

1 person likes this

Thanks for the info. It seems like the Maxxis IT holds up well. I have heard alot of good about the IRC M5B i am just curious on how it will hold up in a variety of different terrains. I ride anything from soft loam, to nasty mud with rocks.

Get the Washougal Sticky :lame:

Front and rear hands down the best tire I've ridden :bonk:

I've ridden IRC's M5B, great in the soft, sucks in the rocks. Maxxis IT is pretty long lasting and decent traction but not great.

120/100-18 in the rear

90/100-21 up front

I would say we're riding pretty similar conditions to you here in BC.

Meaning a bit of everything, don't forget the wet roots :lol: