HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dougie

Wait, it gets better...CO Fire

7 posts in this topic

Now they feds are saying the ranger set the fire on purpose. From the paper..."Fed agents don't believe Terry Barton's story that a heartbreaking letter she burned in the woods acceidentally turned into the gigantic Hayman fire." "They have accused the U.S. Forest Service employee of deliberately setting fire ti Pike Nat'l forest and then lying about it."

That makes it a crime and not an accident. I see jail time in her future and many lawsuits.

C'mon, nobody really bought the dear john letter story in the first place, did they?

With conditions in the forests as they are, any number of sources of ignition could have have "accidentally" touched off such a blaze. But why is it that this kind of willful act of radical behavior is less and less surprising anymore? The media hypes up the extreme fire risk and some nut case takes it as an invitation to make it into a personal crusade of destruction.

&%$#@!?

Whatever happen to basic, simple values? Why does every issue we here about these days involve either some radical agenda or a deranged mental condition (or both)?

All they have to do is talk to her ex. If he recently sent her a letter I don't think they can convict her of intentionally setting the fire. That whole reasonable doubt thing.

On the other hand... all he has to do is say no and she goes to jail whether or not her story is true. At least unless they examine the guy's computer and find the letter or something like that.

What chaps my hide is that we get banned from public lands and their own ******* people set the damn thing. Bans wouldn't have made a difference on this fire.

Kinda makes ya wonder if there might not be an, "Earth First" t-shirt on under the uniform. Maybe this is a very twisted way to keep ALL lifeforms out of the forest.............including the forest!!!!

Race

I just got a report that there is now a fire in the Del Norte area in the Rio Grande Forest. Can any of you guys confirm this and its location?

Thanks Merf......so its true. I was riding in that area just last weekend. :)