lets see those 400s and 426s

Here's my '01 426:

4261ax4.jpg

How do you tell the difference between a 400 and a 426? I have never seen a 400 up close so I don't know. The reason I ask is because I was working on my bike a few weeks ago and the UPS guy was dropping off a package and said "Nice 426!" I was wondering how he was able to identify it as a 426 that easily.

Here's my '01 426:

4261ax4.jpg

How do you tell the difference between a 400 and a 426? I have never seen a 400 up close so I don't know. The reason I ask is because I was working on my bike a few weeks ago and the UPS guy was dropping off a package and said "Nice 426!" I was wondering how he was able to identify it as a 426 that easily.

There are lots of litle diferences, the biggest: radiators on 400s are black, another one, the red hot start botton on 426s is located on the carburator, on 400s on the frame

BASSic, I will dig out some pictures of my Hurricane, I still have the blue frame. Whilst the black frame does look better, there is not a lot of the blue frame really visible, so it really doesn't look bad at all.:eek: I love the loud yellow, unfortunately I dyed my blue tank black for the hurricane kit as I thought a blue tank would look terrible.:lame: The tank worked out great but after applying the tank stickers it seems the black dye has come out of the tank and into the stickers turning the yellow and white really dark!! :eek: Of coure One Industries has now discontinued this kit so I can't even get new tank stickers!!:bonk: Still prefer the Yellow over the stock blue.?

Here's another pic, taken the day I got it. The guy I bought it from did the Hurricane kit and had the frame powder coated.

I did the freezer trick on the dented header pipe, It worked real good, took 3 times to get it almost all the way out, its on the fourth try now.

YZ426F_0078.jpg