HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niterider40

450 reliable as 400?

5 posts in this topic

I just bought an 03 wr450. I was wondering about the titatanium valves compared to the steel ones on my 99 400. My old bike is so reliable it amazes me. Should I focus more on maintenance and valve adjustment with the 03? How would I know if the starter upgrade has been done on the 03? I ride on Atka island (Aleution chain) I have the only 2 wheeler here with only 60 people on the island. Plenty of open riding on volcanic mountains with no trees. Does anyone want to ride here?

I also have that 99 WR400 that is rock solid. Looking at this forum...all of the Yamaha 's 400/426/450's have been XR reliable. I have not seen very much mechanical issue posted. You got a good one...go blue. KJR

its for that very reason i bought my first WR450. The yammie seems to be the most reliable out of the mx/enduro bunch.

I bought a 07 450 on the strenght that my friend has got a 04 WR from new & never missed a beat. Also it handled a dream compared to my XR650r !