WR Range

How far can you guys go on a stock WR426? In KM or Miles please, not hours.

Thanks,

Jon!

(Thinking WR450F for next season)

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: Flat ]

I have a wr400 with a stock tank. I can ride 60 miles without using the reserve. I figure for the most part I get 20 miles to the gallon. It really does depend on how hard and how fast you ride ... :D If your ride hard thru technical terrain it will be alot less than say riding fire roads. I have seen as little as 15 mpg and as much as 30.

hope that helps. ?

I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes (though it may be quite large), but the sprocket sizes on the front and back may make a considerable difference. What are each of you guys running? Larger front and/or smaller rear give higher speeds and better mileage, but less low end torque and control (I know, I know, you already knew that stuff, but it was worth mentioning)...

I have a 01 WR 426...approx.110 miles single track/120 miles fire roads..13 tooth front/ 50 tooth back..Although I have never ran out yet! :D See ya!.Tim ?

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: HAYESTI ]

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: HAYESTI ]

For typical dual sport fire road crusing I can get 105 to 115 miles total on the tank.

If I'm on single track in 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time the range is around 90 to 100 miles.

If this makes any difference my 02 WR is getting better gas mileage than my trusty old 98 WR400.

Twice now,with stock 14/50 gearing on a free mod only 2002 WR426 I have gone to reserve at 85 miles.Then another 15.Thats it.Today I just added a IMS 4 gal tank.Also went to 15/44 gearing for a long race this weekend in Baja Sur.My new range should be interesting.

I usually get about 30 mpg in the woods, mostly in 2nd & 3rd gear. In real sandy conditions where the back wheel spins and the revs are kept higher I get slightly lower. On the last long ride I hit 75 miles of single track, paved, dirt roads and some wide open stuff without hitting reserve, my buddy on his 91 KLX 250 2-smoke barely made it back to camp. I'm running stock gearing with the mods in my sig.

Outside of jetting it depends entirely on the terrain and the cogs you use and the size of your gas tank !!!

14-53 in the woods with mostly using 2-3 gear I last about 3 hours on my tank (approx 10 litres). I have only just installed my TrailTech so I have no idea what distance I am covering.

From my example you'll see it truly matters the way you drive it.

I use my WR for 100% MX and only have apprx 225 miles on it since I bought it new. But have gone through MANY Tank fulls of gas. And I have the taffy mods open exhaust etc.........