HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zared

05 YZ 250. (clutch)

20 posts in this topic

Ok, so i put it in gear with the clutch in and try to roll it, HA...acts like the clutch is engaged, adjusted clutch @ lever, still nothing. i need manual for the bike does anybody have?

why when I roll it with the clutch pulled in with the bike in gear act like the clutch isnt pulled in, for example when i push it, say's in first gear and i have the clutch pulled in, the bike doesnt wanna roll smoothly

the clutch is dragging. make sure your freeplay is adjusted properly at the lever and the clutch and engine are warmed up. If there is still some drag you need to inspect the clutch.

if you are using a heavy weight fluid the clutch will drag when cold.

It should be the same as your 98. Might be warped plates or a groved basket. I would drain the oil and pull the the clutch cover and check things out. For the manual you can check at the dealership or online. Also, you may check out cyclepedia.com, they do online manuals. I used them for my KDX200, it was fine for my needs.

Even on a properly adjusted clutch with new components, there is still a bit of drag when you try to push the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. My two smoker does it, and my brand new 08 YZ450F does it and I've only ridden it up the street and back so far. Unless it's a problem while the bike is being ridden (i.e. shifting or stalling), I wouldn't worry about it.

PM me your email address for an 06 manual...everything but the front forks should be applicable to 05.