Try it you will like it

I have done everything to make my 06yz450 turn better.Tall seat,22 offset,handle bars,lowered rads,rear wheel all the way back and they were all good improvments....but I tried somthing the other day after looking at a guys 04crf450 at the track.He had his forks touching his handlebars.It looked a little extreme to me but he said until he did this he was selling the bike.I already had my forks raised from the clamp to the line on the fork 5mm wich is about 10mm total,so I raised them another 5mm,15mm altogether.What an improvement guys no B.S you have to try it.The bike goes where I point it.Push? what push? and the bike is still stable, a little less mind you but the bike is a train to begin with.Way better is all I have to say.

I just got my '07 this last spring and had problems turning. I raised the forks just the 5mm and what a huge difference for me. I also think my weight and riding stance make a difference as well. I'm 6'4" and 250lbs. and while riding I tend to keep myself over the bars quite a bit, except when going through the whoops. The front end is now planted and no wash out feeling anymore.:excuseme:

These bike are very sensitive to fork height and sag, I would think if you have to go that far up you have some other adjustment that needs attention. The problem I have running the foks too high is not at speed but on turn in when you are on tracks with loose loamy dirt.

These bike are very sensitive to fork height and sag, I would think if you have to go that far up you have some other adjustment that needs attention. The problem I have running the foks too high is not at speed but on turn in when you are on tracks with loose loamy dirt.
Yeah I havn't tried it on loamy dirt yet....havn't seen loam in a while! but on hardpack with a 745 front it is night and day.I even left the sag at 98. It has that direct response that it was lacking and it sticks like glue and just hauls.

Fork leg height is key in making your bikes corner to your liking. It rad how just a little bit changes so much.

Fork leg height is key in making your bikes corner to your liking. It rad how just a little bit changes so much.

Yeah for sure.I wish I would have done this right off the bat but going THAT high just didn't seem right to me but I thought what the hell I can always put it back but the improvment was so good its staying right where it is.Has anyone eles tried going this high? I'm curious to hear some feedback/:lame:

no.. but after throwing on 22.5mm offsets i dont really see where the problem in handling is.. even slid the forks up 5mm in thos as well handles like its on rails..

i would think that if running um that high.. something else might need to looked at.. maybe a different sag or something.