HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

08 YZ Header vs 08 WR Header (Pic's)

15 posts in this topic

What difference huh? I put an o8YZ450 exhaust on my 07 WR450 and couldn't believe it! Heat shield and everything bolted up perfect! Great increases every where! All for $150, well another $120 for the PMB end cap/ spark arrestor!

is there the same diference in the Yamaha stock header of an 06 YZF (which has a "megabomb") ?

is it compatible with WR 07?

regards. fLAVIO

is there the same diference in the Yamaha stock header of an 06 YZF (which has a "megabomb") ?

is it compatible with WR 07?

regards. fLAVIO

The 07-08 WR header is 38mm at the outlet

The 07-08 YZ headers are 45 mm at the outlet. (FYI the European YZ header is different)

I think the 06 YZ header is 41 or 42mm at the outlet. But don’t quote me.

I think with the right OEM gasket you can make any of them fit the stock WR silencer. But that stock silencer is a turd. I would replace it with a quality slip on. Why not drive on over to Italy and get a nice Leo Vince x3 slip on. :excuseme:

And Good luck figuring out what the FMF pipe is. They never responded to my emails in regards to the subject and have no documentation on their website.

I would replace it with a quality slip on. Why not drive on over to Italy and get a nice Leo Vince x3 slip on. :excuseme:

Gas in europe averages about $8-$10 a litre. It'd be WAY cheaper to have it shipped :lol:

Gas in europe averages about $8-$10 a litre. It'd be WAY cheaper to have it shipped :lol:

its only a 20 hour drive. and they have them smart cars :excuseme:

Should fit no problem. Any aluminum frame model YZ exhaust should fit. The header will now slip into the slip on without an adapter. I've never seen a YZ header like that before though :excuseme:

well here in Portugal... in 06... I guess that "all" the YZF had that header.

is it something for "europe"????

fLAVIO

Should fit no problem. Any aluminum frame model YZ exhaust should fit. The header will now slip into the slip on without an adapter. I've never seen a YZ header like that before though :excuseme:

I'd bet $2, that the eruo 06 header is 42mm and the FMF inlet is 45mm. he may have to fab a spacer.

anyone know if a similar year yz header is larger and will fit my 2000 wr?

The headers between the 98-02 YZ/WR will freely interchange between model years. The bend on the header changed in 2001 (I believe) so you could access the oil filter without loosening the header. I'm pretty sure the diameter of the header remained the same through the five years for both the YZ and WR.