HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghettoblaster

White brothers MX4 sparky

4 posts in this topic

I have a solution for anyone stuck with this pipe and need a spark arrestor for it.

2qnsdhe.jpg

Theres a kit they sell on ebay for stock yamaha yfz,raptor exhausts,but I made it work for the mx4

258uxw6.jpg

All you have to do with this kit is cut the pipe 1/4" past the taper ON THE bell and reinstall the screen on to the end.make sure you deburr the pipe.

2zez3vp.jpg

I didn't need safety wire around my screen.With just the screen wrapped around the end,the insert fits tight with a light tap of a rubber mallet.Drill a hole and install the retaining bolt and your done.I will post up a picture of the finished product when i get my camera back.

I also noticed it did knock down some of the bark out of a already obnoxious exhaust. The fit and finish looks factory.

gettoblaster, could you plaese be specific on the year of yamaha raptor or give a part number. Is it a yamaha part or for an after market slip on? Raptor 600 660 700? I have to make one of these to ride on the trails in northern Michigan. Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.