Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmckinno

Carburator leaking gas out of starter squirter rod

3 posts in this topic

I suppose that's not the most technical term, but the Yamaha microfiche lists the part as the starter rod. Anyway, I'm leaking a pretty significant amount of gas out of the junction between part 39 and the carb body in the catalog and where I drew the red arrow in my picture. I pulled the carb off last weekend to try to address the problem, as I thought my float was just stuck, and saw some red flakes in the bowl that spring 33 sits in. I assume I just need to replace an O-ring or something obvious once I pull it apart again, but has anyone here fixed a similar problem?

2e0quqc.png

jj9oit.jpg

dff0g8.jpg

That's your AP circuit - Accelerator pump - it means the diaphragm is leaking from the wet (spring side) to the dry (rod side).

Replace the diaphragm - while you got it out - clean the entire carb while you're at it.

That's your AP circuit - Accelerator pump - it means the diaphragm is leaking from the wet (spring side) to the dry (rod side).

Replace the diaphragm - while you got it out - clean the entire carb while you're at it.

Yes, I agree w/ Matt. I have gone through three of them. Race fuel U4 is really hard on them.