YZ450F Exhaust System??

I'm looking around online for an exhaust system for my 2008 YZ450F and came across a Pro Circuit system on ebay. The only thing is that it's for '06 and '07 models, and I was just wondering if it'll fit my bike. Does anyone know if it will, or if any aftermarket exhausts, that are for '06 and '07 models, will fit my bike?

You gotta go through the bottom to get to the top........or mid. :excuseme:

no kidding.. but the bike enhances the bottom end.. but shines in the middle or top..

personaly the stock bottom end is more then enough to get u out of corners..

im even running stock gearing.. just carry more speed and stay in the throttle longer.. u wont need a ton of bottom..

or ride it like a 2 stroke.

Take a look at dmc afterburner...around 13% hp. gain and 12,5% torque gain

try to beat that with any other pipe :excuseme:

It's not that tough. In the first place, a 13% increase peak power would give the bike more than 58 HP, and would be a ridiculous claim. Don't expect more than 2 HP at peak , if that, from any exhaust system.

Understand that they are NOT claiming 13% HP increase at peak, but at an unspecified point in the mid range, probably in the 5000-6000 RPM area, where the stock bike produces about 25 hp. A 13% increase there would only be 3.25 HP. Raising that 25 to 30 is about a 20% increase, and should be typical of what you get from a decent exhaust.

In light of that, the DMC doesn't look that good, does it?

has anyone tried the two brothers system?? i like the idea of the changeable end caps for noise reduction

Give them a call…. I did. They said there best guess was that it’s a 102db exhaust. But that was just a guess because they never measured the sound output. And they said that the 6 db insert would shorten the life span of the packing.

I just put on my new Dr.D system and while I have not ridden the bike yet I can say that the fit was perfect and the quality of construction is evident in the welds, bends, and overall appearance. This system is truly a work of art. :lame:

I finally got to race with my new Dr.D system and all I can say is 'wow'.

This hare scramble course consisted of an MX track and several miles of tight, VERY steep single track up and down hills, through a couple gnarly muddy areas and then back to the MX track.

This system replaced another well known and high quality aftermarket system that I had smashed so I am not comparing to the stock system. With the Dubach exhaust my '08 pulled like a tractor right off the bottom, through the midrange and still left me with lots of over-rev when needed. I could come out of a super tight hairpin into a STEEP hillclimb and just start grabbing gears. Some of them had really good traction and I had to work at keeping the front end down using the clutch or by backing off the throttle and chugging...and it chugged. On the moto track it was awesome, it would pull hard and smooth out of corners without having to abuse the clutch.

Because it pulled so well everywhere and had lots of over-rev I never had to worry about what gear I was in approaching doubles. High, mid, low RPMs didn't matter as the power was there.

My '08 is now like my '06 on steroids. :bonk:

I am running stock jetting and the bike was just a bit lean on the pilot but I was able to tune it out with the fuel screw. In 2-1/2 hours of tight single track racing I did not have one single flameout. When the weather cools down I will have to go up a size on the pilot.